Consumer's emotional attitudes towards advertising controversial products and their impact on purchasing behavior An analytical study of a sample of consumers in Algiers
this research aime to study the nature of emotional attitude of the algerian consumer towards advertising controversial products, and then determine the impect of this attitude on the intention of purchsing. For this purpose, a survey was conducted for a random sample of 385 consumers in the city of Algiers.
The results of the study revealed that there is a positive emotional tendency among Algerians towards advertising health and care products. in contrast their emotional attitude was negative towards the rest of the proposed products. Accordingly, we recommend the need to respect the cultural values and customs of society when designing advertisements and choosing products.
- Fam , K., & Waller, D. (2003). Advertising Controversial Products in the Asia Pacific: What Makes Them Offensive? Journal of Business Ethics, 48(3), pp. 237-250.
- Fam, K.-S., Waller, D., & Yang, Z. (2009). Addressing the Advertising of Controversial Products in China: An Empirical Approach. Journal of business ethic, Vol. 88, Supplement 1, pp. 43-58.
- Fam,, K. S., Waller, d., & Erdogan, Z. (2005). Advertising of controversial products:a cross-cultural study. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 22 (1), pp. 6-13.
- Farah, M., & El Samad, L. (2014). The Effects of Religion and Religiosity on Advertisement Assessment among Lebanese Consumers. Journal of international consumer marketing, 26(4), pp. 344-369.
- Fereidouni, H. G. (2008). Cultural attitude towards print media advertising of controversial products among female consumers in Penang ,Master's degree, Business Administration.
- Noorizzuddinnooh, M., Abdul Shuk, S., Ab. Aziz, M. R., Khairi, K., & Mahdhir , A. (2014). Relationship between Religiosity and Controversial Products and Offensive Nature of Advertising Appeals. International Journal of Arts and Commerce, 3 (No), pp. 75-86.
- Akhter, w., abassi, a., & umer, s. (2011). Ethecal essues in advertising in pakistan:an islamic perspective. Word appied sciences journal, 13(3) , pp. 444-451.
- Chan, k., li, l., diehl, s., & terlutter, r. (2007). Consumers’ response to offensive advertising: A cross cultural study. International marketing review, 24(5), pp. 606-628.
- De run, e., butt, m. M., fam, k.-s., & jong, h. Y. (2010). Attitudes towards offensive advertising: Malaysian Muslims’ views. Journal of islamic marketing, 1(1), pp. 25-36.
- De run, E., & Ting, H. (2013). Exploring antecedents of attitude towards controversial advertising. Proceedings of MAG Scholar Global Business, Marketing and Tourism Conference, pp. 1-9. Dubai.
- Dianoux , C., Zdeněk, L., & Vnoučková , L. (2014). Attitude toward Advertising in General and Attitude toward a Specific Type of Advertising – A First Empirical Approach. Journal of Competitiveness, 6(1), pp. 87-103.
- Kustura, n., & duman, t. (2012). Ethical Issues Related Advertising. 3 rd international symposium on sustainable development , may 31 – june 01,. Sarajevo.
- Saad, w., ibrahim, g., naja, m., & hakam, n. (2015). Provocation in advertising: the attitude of lebanese consumers. 9(2) , pp. 92-99.
- Skorupa, p. (2014). Shocking contents in social and commercial advertising. 7(2), pp. 69-81.
- Zajonc , R. (1980). Feeling and thinking: Preferences need no inferences. American Psychologist, 35(2), pp. 151-171.